Free/Libre/Open Source Software Study
(supported by the European Commission IST programme)
[Franšaise] [Deutsch] [Espa˝ol] [Italiano] [Polski] [Help translating the announcement]
Survey of Software Developers
FLOSS is a study currently under way at the Institute of Infonomics, University of Maastricht and Berlecon Research, Berlin, and includes an automated analysis of source code as well as a survey of developers. This survey is part of a significant study sponsored by the European Commission that includes policy recommendations and will be a source of valuable information for the Free/Open Source community, businesses and policy makers.
Why a survey? To get developers own opinions on a range of issues related to Free Software / Open Source. The online questionnaire is specifically intended to provide a mirror to the Free Software / Open Source community. The survey results will be updated and publicly available in real time even during the data collection period. Final results and analysis will also be freely published.
What do you think about
Please see the questionnaire on the web site at http://floss1.infonomics.nl/ and fill it out!
For more information on the FLOSS study and contact details see http://www.infonomics.nl/FLOSS/
- Technology: referred programming languages, operating systems
- Law: licensing issues, copyright and intellectual property, authorship
- Organisation: efficiency, quality, comparison of commercial software
- Motivation: monetary / non-monetary, reputation, pleasure, creativity,
- Expectations: what do you expect of others? What do they expect of you?
- Larger role: will Free Software/Open Source change the economy/society,
or even just the commercial information technology industry?